Jenny Rose wins IndyGurlz Grand Prix, plus semi final video
Life seems to be going well for Jenny Rose. The 20-year old has been making believers of many since returning to the US following a 6 month stint in Japan, primarily wrestling for Kyoko Inoue‘s Diana promotion. It was there where her former guise of Jamilia Craft was jettisoned and Jenny Rose was born, which the Philadelphia native has insisted is closer to the real her than the masked Craft character ever was. As well as wrestling – and teaming with – Jessie “Bonesaw” Brooks in Women Superstars Uncensored, she won the WXW-C4 Women’s Championship last week, and continued that run last night by winning the IndyGurlz Grand Prix tournament in Boonton, NJ last night.
Defeating Brooks (who reportedly has new gear, which is great as the old blue and red bodysuit was nothing to write home about), Kylie Pierce and Veda Scott, Rose won the title belt which was to be given to the sole survivor, though it is unclear if this is meant to be received as an award, or is an actual championship that is to be defended. Either way, it’s a massive shot in the arm for the youngster, who is seemingly making 2012 her year.
Click after the jump for results, brought to us courtesy of David Muscarella, as well as fan footage of one of the semi final matches.
a. Shazza McKenzie defeated Sienna DuVall (formerly Simply D’Vyne) with a roll-up in an impromptu dark match.
1. First Round: Kylie Pierce beat Aida Marie with a pumphandle backbreaker.
2. First Round: Jenny Rose pinned Jessie “Bonesaw” Brooks following a spear into the corner.
3. First Round: Veda Scott used a tornado DDT to beat Sienna DuVall.
4. First Round: Shazza McKenzie defeated Jana with a split-legged Stunner.
5. Semi Final: Jenny Rose made Kylie Pierce tap out to an STF.
6. Semi Final: Veda Scott used a Mind Trip to pin Shazza McKenzie.
7. Amber O’Neal & Angel Orsini beat Mia Yim & Jessie Kaye. Orsini pinned Yim with a German Suplex.
8. Final: Jenny Rose beat Veda Scott with a double stomp to win the tournament.